If you’re in SharePoint 2010 Management Shell, the time might come that you need to concatenate a string with a variable, and echo it on the screen, to show what’s happening as it’s happening. However, it’s not as straight forward as it is in C# or VB.Net.
One of the areas of internet programming that we, as programmers need to be careful about is spoofing. Spoofing a form is sending data into the web pages from somewhere else – not from the generated form .
At first glance, it might seem difficult to find where you can delete a SharePoint group. Recently, I named a group incorrectly and had to go in and delete it, but for the life of me, I just couldn’t remember where to do it. It didn’t take too long for me to realize that I […]
If you’re working with content types, and a content hub, then you know you need to publish your content types, so that other sites can use them. To do this, in the settings page for the content type, you must click on the link to ‘Manage publishing for this content type’. Well, what do you […]
One of the nice things about SharePoint is the ‘Append Changes to Existing Text’ feature. In this, every time you make (let’s say) a new comment (I’ll use the Comments field for this demonstration), it just adds it as a new entry in the Comments, so you don’t take the chance of losing some of […]
If you are working in SharePoint Management Shell and you get this error message, it probably has more to it, like: “Verify that the local farm is properly configured….” Have no fear, it’s a simple solution that will get you back so that you can add your solution, etc.
I hate to admit that I’m behind the curve in this area, but I just saw a demonstration of PowerView today and was very impressed.
Let’s say you have a bunch of Content Query Web Parts that someone put on a SharePoint site that you need to maintain. These CQWPs all use various Content Types, and that’s all you have to go on, but you need to find out which lists use those content types.
I looked for a long time to try to find a way to hide the toolbar in an RDL file which I was surfacing in a pageviewer URL. Over and over, I found references to adding this parameter to the URL: &rc:Toolbar=false However, that did not work for me. But finally I found the answer.
I have a Content Query Web Part that was giving me fits. My situation presented itself as a permissions problem (or though it seemed). Certain people (with higher/better permissions) could see the content. Some people saw the error message. I tried several things, including make sure the Publishing feature was enabled and deactivating it, and […]
All Things DotNet Discussed – Winforms/ASP.Net/SharePoint/WPF