I was trying to deploy a Visual WebPart from Visual Studio 2010 when I got a similar error. The error was much longer, but that was always the first section. Every time I got that error it was due to one reason, so the fix was simple.
It turns out that I had moved the entire solution to the new server, and I had forgotten to change the Site URL in the Project Properties to the new server, where I was deploying the project. The fix was simply to click on the Project name (NOT right-click), and in the properties for the project, change the SiteURL to the new server/site.
All Things DotNet Discussed – Winforms/ASP.Net/SharePoint/WPF