In the output window, I started getting notices for every dll in the references like:
“‘iisexpress.exe’ (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_32\”
among all kinds of notices – literally a website that took normally a few second to load during debugging sometimes took minutes or didn’t load at all.
Earlier, I had tried all the fixes to stop loading symbols and I had that working for a while. Apparently, over time, I had created debugging points in many different places of the application, disabled them temporarily – and this probably happened over and over for months during the creation process.
The funny thing is that most of the Google results I found pointed to the symbols fix but that wasn’t my problem. Until I copied and pasted the phrase above, I could NOT find the fix. And the fix was to (while loading), create a debug point and pause. Then all I had to do was to remove ALL break points. From then on out, it was smooth (and quick) sailing!
All Things DotNet Discussed – Winforms/ASP.Net/SharePoint/WPF